- Dawson Hall - Charterhouse Square, London, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Bioinformatics Engineering
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
The Bioinformatician will support our efforts in connecting bioinformatics, product development and clinical users. This will involve different contributions and impact; Ranging from subject matter expertise and exploratory data analysis to software testing and documentation preparation tailored to clinical users.
- Collaborations with different experts in the science, tech and digital areas
- Analyzing and understanding diverse data sets, such as those needed for testing software products for clinical users
- Support the implementation of requirement analysis and end user-oriented tests
- Write high quality documentation tailored to end users.
- Prepare and provide training activities for clinical users and researchers.
- MSc. degree or equivalent practical experience in academic or commercial settings
- Strong background in human genetics
- Proficient use of Python and / or R for data analysis, including data wrangling and visualization
- Experience in the analysis of large-scale genomic data using cutting-edge bioinformatics tools and reference databases
- Experience writing user documentation and giving presentations for research or clinical audiences
Other preferred experience and skills
- Research experience in either cancer or rare diseases
- Collaborations using software version control
- Experience working in agile teams
- Data analysis at scale, including cloud-based solutions.
Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Generous pension scheme
- Individual learning budgets for every colleague
- A raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.