- London, UK
- Department: Assurance & IT Services and Support
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
This is a position that requires flexibility in delivering a diverse range of solutions across the Service Management and Project Management agenda.
Working within a fast-paced and exciting environment, you will provide expert support and guidance across a number of ITIL disciplines in response to specific requests and design and delivery projects.
You will demonstrate skills in ITIL service management, programme management and relationship management and be comfortable working within an environment that is constantly changing and scaling quickly.
- Providing advice and guidance on service management best practice across a diverse range of ITIL disciplines.
- Ensuring the focus is on the entire lifecycle of the product rather than managing day to day incidents. A key principle will be to ensure that service by design is enshrined within every product or service.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Engineering and Operations Chapter to ensure there are consistent and seamless operational support processes in place.
- Exploring opportunities to ensure that product support evolves and where appropriate technical support is devolved to colleagues in Service Delivery.
- Drive efficiencies in the delivery of service exploiting automation and ensuring that supporting applications are used to their full potential.
- Responsible for communicating highly complex technical issues (from detailed interpretation of complex analytical reports) and sensitive information to a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Day to day responsibility for service availability, changes to systems, incident and problem management and enhancements and functionality changes via service transition activities.
- Owning service resolution activities by making judgements and addressing issues where precedent may not exist.
- Formulate long term strategies to facilitate the adoption of ITIL Service Management principles and ensure that Service Management by design, best practice principles, are baked into solutions.
- Developing, maintaining and continually improving Service Management procedures and processes in line with the needs of service users.
Ideally you will have experience of the following from your previous roles:
- Demonstrable experience of managing the service management processes for medium or large scale IT services under an ITIL framework.
- In depth understanding of the ITIL Framework.
- Strong understanding of both Release and Change practices to enable stable systems and effective deployments.
- Experience of managing major service incidents and author incident reviews.
- Able to conduct root cause analysis and lessons learned exercises.
- Able to account for process activity, effectiveness and improvement.
Proven experience of compliance with ISO or industry standards.
Foundation ITIL qualification V2/3 (or working toward, or equivalent experience).
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.