- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Delivery Management
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
In order to move at pace we need to plan and secure funding in a timely manner and in the right sequence for the work we are scheduling. We’re looking for a Business Analyst to collaborate across the Digital and Tech & Data directorates to gather requirements and distil those into appropriately detailed business cases to secure funding approval from bodies such as NHSX and the Audit Committee.
Your background will likely be Business Analysis or Procurement in a Public Sector organisation or at a Consultancy with a Public Sector engagement. You’ll be highly organised, collaborative and detail driven. You will be able to elicit needs and translate these into requirements and onward to clear and detailed and business cases. You will be comfortable working with C-Suite executives and Senior Leaders.
Your day to day role will see you heavily involved with the following things:
- Working with the ELT and Senior Leaders across GEL to ascertain the high level objectives and strategic relevance of each case.
- Identifying and working with individuals at all levels across the organisation to develop detailed requirements.
- Discussing options and working out what is the actual need.
- Understanding how each case fits in the wider business context and the drivers for them.
Planning and Scheduling:
- Working with Procurement to ensure gates/approval requirements are met.
- Ensuring accurate scheduling with appropriate timings for sign offs.
- Reporting on progress, highlighting blockers and assistance needed to remove them.
- Working to tight timescales within a multi-disciplined project team
The ideal person for this role will have experience of the following:
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills.
- Ability to understand financial modelling and produce options to support business cases including recommendations and a preferred option.
- Be able to produce appropriate visual aids to assist in the understanding of the business case – graphs, diagrams, process flows.
- The ability to write persuasively, tailored to the audience.
- The ability to grasp complex technical and scientific concepts.
- Demonstrable experience of preparing high quality, accurate business cases or similar documents.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge, and experience, of HM Treasury Green Book 5 Case Business Cases.
- Experience working within a life sciences / healthcare environment.
- Experience working within a highly regulated environment.
- Experience working within or delivering for Public Sector organisations.
- Knowledge, and experience, of DHSC and Cabinet Office Spend Controls.
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.