- Dawson Hall - Charterhouse Square, London, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Assurance & IT Services and Support
- Office: London
Our vision is a world where everyone benefits from genomic healthcare, where genomic data and research are translated rapidly into clinical interpretations, insights, and actions, driving better patient outcomes and lower healthcare costs. Our aim is to improve the health of the nation by turning science into healthcare.
Within this role you'll be supporting the Head of Information Security to deliver the Cyber Security Strategy and Roadmap. You will be our lead technical engineering resource for both cyber security projects and BAU activities such as managing the security solutions Genomics England uses to protect data and services.
Your career to date will have seen you gain experience of working in the cyber security space with expertise in security technologies such as NGFW, SIEM, Vulnerability Scanners and Incident response tools.
- To act as the technical lead on Information Security for Genomics England
- To develop and implement security solutions to reduce cyber risk in line with risk management framework.
- Manage the existing Cyber Security solutions Genomics England Uses.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to security incidents when required.
Ideally, you will have experience of some of the following:
- Strong technical experience related to Cybersecurity, preferably in a hybrid Environment (AWS and On-Prem).
- Experience of deploying and supporting security solutions such as NGFW, NGAV, SIEM, UEBA, vulnerability scanners and patch management etc.
- Exposure to an environment with changing priorities or circumstances, and the ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to clearly document processes and procedures for others to understand.
- Experience of vulnerability and patch management.
- Experience of security in cloud architectures.
- Experience with Ansible, SALT, Terraform and development tools such as GitLab, Confluence and JIRA in a Dev Ops environment.
- Experience in Linux (NB the environment is predominantly Linux).
- Experience of delivering security solutions a containerized environment.
- CISM or CISSP certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cyber Essentials +, ISO27001 and/or the NIST Security Framework.
- Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent experience.
There are no mandatory qualifications or membership requirements for this role, however any security certifications would be highly desirable.
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.