- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design & Research
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
At Genomics England we’re using technology as an enabler to create better outcomes for our patients participants, researchers and communities. We’re agile, fast-moving, and innovative, and we’re evolving a team that reflects the rich diversity of the communities we serve.
Your role will be to establish our first in-house Content Design function; working in partnership with our Director of Design & Research to define standards, processes and ways of working. Furthermore, you'll develop user-centred content and copy (including tone of voice for in product text, CTA’s etc) to shape our cutting-edge new products and healthcare service.
You'll be responsible for ensuring consistency and coherence in TOV (in line with brand guidelines) for both customer interactions, as well as our development teams, who need consistent ways to name sections of code, refer to objects etc.
This is a product-focussed role (not marketing/comms) that sits at the intersection between science, technology and user experience. As such, you'll operate in cross-functional product teams and support user research and testing to validate user needs. Additionally, you will spend time with patients, participant and clinicians field, and become an expert in deploying genomics into the NHS.
It's an opportunity to utilise your experience in qual & quant research to produce a long term content vision and UX strategy for our products. You'll get to develop content models and vision, business rules, guidelines and recommendations to present effective content for our products and services, whilst also advocating human centric content, and reviewing and improving existing features on a continuous basis.
You will need to be unequivocally user and service focussed and committed to creating habit forming products and services that customers love.
Skills and experience for success
We anticipate the ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience in content creation and management for products and services
- Familiarity with content modelling, information architecture, information design, and UX
- Excellence at creating copy for product-based interaction, interface and communication with the customer.
- Experience with ongoing content recommendations and cross-channel optimization techniques
- Deep understanding of current and future digital trends across all platforms
- Understanding of UX, SEO, and SEM principles and methodologies
- An understanding of user-centred design principles
- A portfolio of projects that show how your content skills have manifested themselves in products, services etc
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, specifically with designers and researchers
- Strong writing and communication skills, nuanced to the needs to the audience and conveys product features and interactions with personality
Undergraduate degree or higher in a related field, such as information or library science, linguistics, journalism, marketing, design or equivalent experience
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.