- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design & Research
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Are you a confident and competent designer who can develop designs based on user needs?
You, as a Service Designer, will be astute in your ability to build best in class, user-centric services, utilising your experience to define the service solution and supporting the projects at all stages to create and launch it. You'll work closely with our Service Owners, utilising cloud-based, data-driven practices to provide services that will deliver against our mission.
Everyday responsibilities include:
- Committed to delivering a great experience to our customers and will always be on the lookout for better ways of doing things. You will play a key role in the integration of products into a service experience and help define the overall strategy and direction of our Service Portfolio, ensuring it’s delivered to meet the desired business outcomes.
- Through a deep understanding of the customer and effective communication working as part of the design and service team, you will contribute to creating a service solution that implements our customer-centric core thinking in all our channels.
- Stay ahead of the curve, always thinking long term in terms of what’s possible for best in class services
- Set the standards for developing service design packages for new and existing services, ensuring the integrity of our end to end service model.
- Your remit will extend beyond functional requirements as you define the service solution and support projects throughout all stages, equipped with in-depth knowledge of operational processes, procedures, and accountabilities with strong process and documentation skills to deliver services that are best in class for meeting users’ expectations
- Define the vision for the Service with the Service owner, employing user-centred, data-driven, cloud-based delivery practices
- Collaborate with product and service teams to create service blueprints, personas and user journeys
- Set the standards for developing inclusive service design packages for new and existing services, ensuring the integrity of our end-to-end service model
- Engage with stakeholders across NHS to understand their needs and evaluate how we are delivering against them today
Skills and Experience for Success
- Extensive applied knowledge of professional experience in service design
- Proven experience of designing and launching services to the real world
- Deep expertise in human-centered design and/or Systems Design with multiple touch points (both visible and invisible)
- Ability to collaborate and a strong passion and desire to work with other designers, marketeers, product managers and third-party suppliers to implement service packages
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Desire to continually improve work through giving and receiving feedback
- Degree in HCI/Design/Social Science/Service Design or equivalent
- Relevant service design portfolio
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.