- London, UK
- Department: Assurance & IT Services and Support
- Office: London
Our vision is a world where everyone benefits from genomic healthcare, where genomic data and research are translated rapidly into clinical interpretations, insights, and actions, driving better patient outcomes and lower healthcare costs. Our aim is to improve the health of the nation by turning science into healthcare.
You'll be responsible for providing highly skilled, technical support across our core systems to ensure business impacting issues are kept to a minimum, while delivering an excellent stakeholder experience.
You'll be someone that is passionate about providing exceptional support services and be responsible for administration of functional systems to help us keep our environments running smoothly.
Systems Administrators responsibilities include cloud and datacentre infrastructure and site reliability. You must have a keen eye for detail, problem-solving skills and be a team player.
- Experience of supporting Linux and Windows Servers running varying distributions.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, primarily PowerShell.
- Deploying Azure Resources
- Experience of utilising a ticket system to track projects and BAU tasks.
- Management of cloud services and resources (Microsoft Azure, AWS and Office 365).
- Champion the DevOps culture
- Set up monitoring and alerting processes on the symptoms and not outages
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation
- Maintain core infrastructure
- Debug platform issues across services and levels of the stack
- Experience in Infrastructure, DevOps, Platforms or Site Reliability
- Understand and be an advocate of the DevOps culture and squad mentality in software development
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Strong communication skills and able to work collaboratively, where required as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience with GitLab
- HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code build tools like Terraform
- Experience with server configuration and automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience of working with Jenkins and Azure DevOps.
- Experience of working with Docker, Terraforms and Ansible
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.