Cohorts Partnerships Lead (12 months FTC)
- London, UK
- Department: Science Ops
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Building on the success of the “moonshot” 100,000 Genomes Project, Genomics England is now bringing the benefits of genomic medicine to everyone in England, the UK and beyond, in ongoing partnership with the NHS.
We believe that everyone should benefit from genomic healthcare and all the promise it brings of personalised, predictive and preventative insights. We've a number of new programmes launching which will engage various cohorts and this role will provide relationship management with academic, clinical, commercial and funding partners, from engagement through to data delivery. This is an important role which will be tasked with gathering, communicating and actioning the needs of external partners with internal Delivery teams.
- You'll be the Genomics England point of contact for all external cohorts enquiries, providing accurate and relevant information relating to the cohorts offering and gathering requirements.
- You'll manage the relationships with external cohort leads including academic, clinical and commercial partners as well as key funders and internal stakeholders.
- You'll understand and implement key activities relating to cohort partnership set-up, onboarding and management including data, analysis and sample requirements, ethics, legal, governance, finance and resourcing.
- You'll capture all project requirements using appropriate project initiation documentation and systems to secure buy-in as needed as well as identifying risks and mitigating issues, escalating as appropriate with the Delivery Manager to plan and organise a range of projects
Skills & Experience for Success
We anticipate that the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of scientific project management including project costing, resourcing and contractual requirements.
- Excellent relationship management skills, demonstrated by effective partnerships and collaborations experience.
- Demonstrable experience with influencing, communication and organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Proven experience in handling multiple sources of information and producing a range of products (e.g. project plans, reports, etc.) to ensure effective delivery across the project lifecycle.
- Experience in a life sciences research environment either in academia or industry.
Degree level qualification in a science subject, or similar level of relevant experience.
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.