- London, UK
- Department: Technology & Architecture
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Responsible for working with Genomics England’s Partners to help design the next generation of our national genomics information system. This role will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to undertake discovery work to identify opportunities to improve the service. This will include working through opportunities to improve the end to end workflow. The enterprise architecture will ensure that there is alignment between the goals, strategic objectives and the user , user needs and the technical solution that will deliver the service. The enterprise architect will identify the high level vision and architecture for the service. This will consider opportunities for improvement and which components of the existing service can be evolved.
The work will also include working with the interoperability and integration architect to ensure that there is a clear vision around interoperability and integration.
- Work with the discovery team to deliver a enterprise architecture for the National Genomic Information system which is aligned to the discovery work i..e user needs / jouneys / strategic objectives
- Ensure that there is engagement across all stakeholders
- Ensure any solutions address the architecture concerns, principles and IT strategy as set out by GEL and the various stakeholders
- Ensure that there is consideration of technical maturity of partners to implement change and interoperability standards
- Ensure that a vision and associated roadmap is produced for the service
- Ensure that there is consideration of implementation considerations including skills and available resource
- Identify which components will be enhanced and which will be new / retired
- Ensure data flows are documented and clearly understood
- Ensure that there is a joint vision shared by all stakeholder groups
- Work with existing squads to test approaches and solutions
- Work with stakeholders to ensure we build on the strategy of the partner organisations i.e. national genomics strategy, GEL strategy, NHSE/I, NHSX
- Experienced enterprise architect with proven experience in a health care setting
- Excellent communications skills
- Expertise across technology domains business, application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Ability to translate business strategy, goals and user needs into a technology vision and solutions
- Knowledge of AWS Public cloud networking
- Degree level qualification
- Togaf certification desirable
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.