Learning & Development Partner - 9 month FTC
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: People Partnering
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Our people are our biggest asset and it's no surprise that one of our main priorities is to ensure we provide opportunities for them to develop their skills and progress their careers.
This is a new and exciting FTC role for us. In conjunction with the Head of Talent and the wider People team you’ll proactively scope, design and implement new process, programs or solutions to address gaps around talent, culture and business that will impact Genomics England. Leveraging analytics and people insights, you’ll have an opportunity to design impactful programs and refresh our existing content to drive the transformation of our people capability, ensuring it is fit for future.
Some of the exciting challenges that will be part of this role will be to work as a business process lead and SME in the design, development and implementation of a new learning management system, and creating standardised metrics and evaluation processes across learning programs to ensure a data-driven approach.
You'll nurture the whole process, from assessing both specific and broad training needs to the design, delivery, evaluation and administration of courses, through to tracking attendance and reporting in line with ISO compliance.
You'll empower employees, managers and leaders to feel ownership of their professional and personal growth through impactful programming and delivery of programs, toolkits and other resources. As well as this, you'll be a trusted advisor, offering insight and recommending solutions and supporting the Head of Talent and People Partner with projects such as succession planning and strategies to drive OKRs.
Skills and Experience for Success
We anticipate the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience developing eLearning training using eLearning software (Adobe Captivate, etc.)
- Proven track record of designing, developing, and implementing learning & development processes using project management and multitasking skills and experience.
- Fluency in data analysis using Excel tools (pivot tables, VLOOKUP) and being able to analyse and present findings via PowerPoint, other tools to business stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills, editing, listening, and presentation skills with an ability to clearly communicate and influence complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way to internal stakeholders.
- Fluency with online development tools and multimedia platforms coupled with the ability to quickly self-teach new technology/software
- Proven critical-thinking and analysis skills and ability to use data to develop insights and strategies
- Experience consulting with and influencing senior leaders and partners, with experience of establishing relationships, being a trusted advisor and a strategic thought partner.
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.