- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Engineering
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Are you an infrastructure, DevOps, Platforms or Site Reliability Engineer looking to use your skills for tech for good?
Our Platform Engineers champion DevOps culture within our organisation, owning the platform, CI/CD pipelines and automating findings to make us more efficient. You'll be an expert in efficient deployment, designing, building and maintaining core infrastructure and debugging platform issues to ensure smooth running at all times.
Platform Engineers at Genomics England look ahead of the curve, monitoring for the symptoms of emerging problems, and introducing automation wherever possible. If you want to work in a team that is proactive, not reactive, then apply today and help us plan the growth of our infrastructure to support our products and services which tangibly improve healthcare in the UK.
Skills and Experience for Success
We anticipate the ideal candidate having:
- Experience as an Infrastructure, DevOps, Platforms or Site Reliability Engineer
- Experience with tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, system monitoring tools, CI/CD tools and automated testing frameworks
- Understanding and advocacy of the DevOps culture and squad mentality in software development
- Excellent working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including: VPC, TGW, Route53, EC2, ECS, EKS, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, S3, EFS, EBS, KMS
- Experience building production grade infrastructure in AWS (Backup & Deployment Strategies, Security)
- Familiarity with cloud architecture concepts (Cost optimisation, High Availability, Fault Tolerance)
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional Or AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional - desirable but not essential
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.