- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Service Ownership
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your Service Owner skills to a groundbreaking digital service, directly impacting patients in the UK?
Our Service Owners are at the forefront of our mission to build services that support our strategy. You'll be performing an essential role in being accountable for the quality and success of our digital, clinically focussed services which will positively impact the health of patients throughout the UK. This is an opportunity for you to combine product ownership, operational management, user focus and HCD while operating at scale between multidisciplinary areas.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Define, deliver and run exceptional, clinically sound, commercially successful services that exceed the expectations for best in class for healthcare for our users (clinicians, patients, participants)
- Balance the needs of competing stakeholders, ensuring that services are valuable and effective for the organisation and our users
- Create and communicate a compelling service vision and roadmap ensuring the right balance of meeting business/user objectives and managing clinical and technical risk
- Represent the service to senior stakeholders, using information from user, commercial and service sources
- Lead and develop a high performing team that use service design and user-centred, data-driven, cloud-based delivery practices
In addition, you will:
- Deliver seamless service delivery plans which meet and maintain quality standards and fit with the strategy
- Translate complex aims and diverse needs of users and partners into plans with clear resource requirements to support service design and operate high quality digital services
- Make clear, validated, strategic choices on spending and procurement
- Promote the service’s progress and publicise learning
- Make sure performance data is used to drive design and iterative operational improvements
- Simplifying business processes and logistical hurdles in order to improve the service and reduce all forms of ‘debt’
Ideally, you will have:
- Substantial service ownership or service delivery experience or similar leadership positions
- Leadership of multidisciplinary teams to successfully deliver digital services across the whole lifecycle - discovery, design, delivery, growth, continuous improvement and retirement
- Expertise in analysing and using customer insight and user and performance data to define vision and strategy for services
- Significant experience building business cases and accountability for ongoing return on investment
- Proven ability of building and operating complex and critical live services
- Substantial experience in owning and running a multi-faceted product or service or similar leadership positions
- Degree level qualifications are desirable but not essential
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.