- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design and Research
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your experience in Product Design to projects that will advance targeted genomic medicine?
You'll be a skilled Product Designer, capable of utilising user experience design processes to craft conceptual ideas, present and communicate the design to colleagues and building functional prototyping. This is a core role in our organisation, essential for building and improving our cutting-edge clinical products and ensuring the development and planning roadmaps of features.
Your everyday will consist of designing intelligent, intuitive products, collaborating with product managers to define and realise vision and roadmap, presenting conceptual ideas and building wireframes and functional prototypes. It'll be important for you to have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives to ideate, build and iterate products that are highly relevant, as well as improving and documenting our styles and component library, and providing constructive feedback and coaching less experienced team members.
Skills and Experience for Success
- Substantial multi Channel product design experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of user experience design processes and methodology
- Understanding of how to evaluate and interpret user research findings to wireframe and prototype solutions
- Knowledge of the WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines and general practice
- Ability to collaborate and a strong passion and desire to work with other designers, marketeers, product managers and third-party suppliers to implement service packages
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Desire to continually improve work through giving and receiving feedback Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Omnigraffle, Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, Miro etc.
- Degree in Product design, interaction design, experience design, HCI or equivalent
- Strong portfolio of design work
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.