Director of Product Management
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Product Management
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Are you an experienced leader in Product Management with an interest in using your expertise to set our vision and strategy to create meaningful, user centric products?
You, as our Director of Product Management, will be instrumental in managing our Product team to deliver on all aspects of the lifecycle. You'll be an expert in Intelligence gathering, product positioning and GTM Strategy and an astute leader of talented people.
Everyday responsibilities will include:
- Set the vision and strategy for products including clear goals and metrics that align with the overall business strategy
- Effectively manage the product team to successfully navigate and deliver on all aspects of the Product Management lifecycle, including Market-in thinking/Voice of the Customer, Market and competitive Intelligence, Product positioning, Business Cases/ Business requirements and Go To Market strategy
- Remain up-to date on the latest consumer and technology trends to inform best practice and opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Identify and progress opportunities to simplify underlying business processes
- Represent products to senior stakeholders, promoting the product/service’s progress and making lessons learned known – in this way, advocating for, and embedding a product and service culture
- Lead the team of product managers including mentoring and coaching to develop the capabilities within the team and promote a culture of collaboration
- Enable the product managers to explore the art of the possible, through supporting hypotheses and risk-taking and breaking the roadmap into smaller, manageable plans
Skills and Experience for Success
We anticipate the ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial, well evidenced experience product management with strong knowledge of – and examples of – user centred design (including service design) approaches to product
- Experience of leading multidisciplinary digital teams to deliver digital service from discovery, design, delivery, growth, continuous improvement to retirement
- Experience building suites of products that make up a bigger service ecosystem
- Ability to mentor, coach and create a collaborative environment
- Able to employ different approaches to product management, knowing how to balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration
- Experience operating complex and critical live products/services
- Significant experience making data-driven decisions and knowledge of the basics of machine learning and statistical analysis
- Experience leading agile, user-centred transformation of organisation culture
Degree level qualifications are desirable but not essential
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.