PR Manager - Volunteer
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Frontline.Live harnesses the power of live, open data, to connect people in crisis with the resources they need. Currently, Frontline.Live is working hard to connect UK frontline healthcare workers with the PPE they lack, to aid in the Covid-19 crisis.
By collecting, visualising and analysing data from suppliers & people in need, we show political and procurement bodies a more effective, more efficient and more human way of meeting needs in a time of crisis.
We are looking for a digital savvy PR Manager to increase Frontline Live’s awareness in the Press. This role is ideal for a PR freelancer who is looking to add a pro-bono good cause to their clients. This is the first PR role in the charity, so you would be a cornerstone in helping to shape and define the PR strategy for Frontline Live going forward. The role would involve the following:
- Develop the PR strategy for Frontline Live.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key media outlets, particularly those in the Healthcare industry.
- Monitor coverage opportunities using your own/free PR tools and software.
- Monitor the Healthcare industry to come up with fresh PR stories or identify trends to piggy-back on.
- Outreach PR stories digitally to gain coverage from relevant publishers or to gain linkbacks from pages already covering relevant stories to ours.
- Write press releases and other material such as speaking points and statements.
- Maintain and update media lists and contact databases.
- Experience working in a PR role.
- Excellent written English.
- Access to PR tools to manage, track and monitor PR opportunities essential. Hence why this role would suit perfectly a PR freelancer with access to some of these tools already, as initially we wouldn’t have budget to finance them.
- Apart from having a full understanding of media needs and relationships, have an understanding of how PR, content, social and SEO can work together.
- Media contacts (publishers, journalist contacts, news outlets) or experience working with the Healthcare industry are both a huge advantage.
- Be Self-motivated, proactive and reliable, using your initiative to make things happen.
Frontline.Live has recently gained official charity status, and for now is entirely staffed by volunteers. This volunteer position is entirely mouldable to your own living and working situation, and we'd love to hear from you, and how this might work for you.