Junior Python Developer
- Reston, VA, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Our Python Developer will work closely with product management other engineers to architect and develop a robust, scalable, and high-performance services layer using modern software development technologies. The team member will work in an agile environment, collaborating with engineering, product management and services to design and deliver valuable plug-ins to an ever-growing app store. The team member will report in to FireEye’s FSO Content team focusing on Security Orchestration.
- Develop plug-in packages to deliver integration capabilities between products in the network security space.
- Design technical aspects of plug-ins in line with cyber security best practices and understand customer use cases.
- Develop a fully functional application or code pack that aligns with business and technical objectives
- Engage in architecture sessions, challenge existing solutions and inspire ideas for future enhancements
- Schedule code reviews and functional demos to team members as milestones are reached.
- Define code architecture decisions to support a high-performance and scalable product with a minimal footprint
- Work with Operations to automate build, test and deploy processes across our environments
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge and redefine FireEye’s technology stack
- 2+ years of professional experience developing enterprise software
- 2+ years of strong experience with technologies such as Python
- Experience building integration to 3rd party applications or devices.
- 1+ year(s) experience creating and defining structures of large, scalable data stores using newer DB technologies such as MongoDB, Elastic Search and Cassandra
- Understanding in creating secure RESTful-based web services in JSON
- Knowledge of queuing architectures using ZeroMQ, Redis, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Deep understanding of performance best-practices using caching and compression technologies
- Experience with Agile and test-driven development, continuous integration (Jenkins/Travis/TeamCity/Hudson) and version control (Github)
- Exposure to bug tracking and task management software such as JIRA or Bugzilla
- Comfort working with remote teams
- Experience with big-data search ingestion/storage/indexing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.