- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial Energy is seeking a R&D Development Lab Technician to join its team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This role will support our R&D group and will be responsible for battery cell assembly, materials development, and lab management.
- Performing fabrication of lithium-ion batteries and components of according to a strict standard of procedures in order to produce batteries of consistent excellent quality.
- Operating and handling mass balances, micrometers, gloveboxes, other chemicals and laboratory equipment to produce lithium-ion battery cells of various formats.
- Perform lab maintenance tasks based to maintain lab environment standards and laboratory essential supplies
- Recording all activities in a technical record book and working with researchers to further develop consistent procedures
- Interfacing with computer systems to enter and retrieve data and analyze basic operational information.
- Work safely and in compliance with all regulations and quality systems.
- Coordinating and executing equipment maintenance per manufacturer’s guidelines
- High school diploma required; bachelor's or master’s degree in chemistry/materials engineering preferred.
- Detail-oriented, performs accurate work following SOP
- Working experience at battery field is a strong plus
- Experience working in a chemical laboratory setting, and or quality control environment is preferred. Comfortable handling chemicals.
- General knowledge of equipment calibration and procedures regarding chemical safety. Must be comfortable with operating benchtop machinery and performing repetitive tasks.
- Basic understanding or interest in lab analytical equipment and test methods.
- Excellent people skills and demonstrated ability to work in teams.
- The role will entail work within Factorial Energy’s dry room facility. Technicians must be capable of working in low moisture conditions (<.5% Relative Humidity).
- Capable of meeting OSHA standards for manual lifting guidelines: < 50lbs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.