- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
Factorial is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Technician to join its team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This role will support our Battery Operations group and will be responsible for incoming package and parts inspection, raw material sampling, outgoing shipments including hazardous shipping and related paperwork, tagging and verification of capital assets, managing of onsite inventory, and maintaining the shipping and inventory areas of the facility, including hazardous waste streams.
- Incoming inspection on all packages, raw material sample preparation in accordance with Factorial Energy’s sampling plan, inventory management and ordering of consummables
- Operating and maintaining the shipping and receiving area including 5S and machinery specific to the shipping area
- Ownership of special shipping permit(s)
- Tagging and maintaining capital assets inventory list(s)
- Hazardous waste inventory and vendor management
- Interfacing with computer systems to enter and retrieve data and analyze basic operational information related to shipping and receiving
- Responsible for setting up incoming shipments as required by various vendors including customs clearance
- Sourcing and quoting non-technical procurement items
- Work safely and in compliance with all regulations and quality systems.
- Previous shipping and receiving experience
- Good dexterity; sufficient to work with small components.
- High school diploma required
- Minimum of 1 years’ hands-on experience working in a team setting.
- Has previous or current hazardous shipping certification or the ability to obtain the proper certifications (US DOT regulation 49 CFR 171-80, IMDG, ICAO, and IATA) relating to the shipment of lithium ion or lithium metal batteries. Training provided by Factorial Energy, if necessary.
- Experience in setting up a shipping department preferred
- Ability to operate warehouse machinery such as forklifts, hand trucks, etc.
- Basic understanding of hazardous waste streams.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Excellent people skills and demonstrated ability to work on teams.
- Capable of meeting OSHA standards for manual lifting guidelines <50lbs
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.