Sr. Process Engineer
- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
Factorial is looking for a Sr. Process Engineer who will be responsible for developing and optimizing cell manufacturing process for our next generation cell technology. The successful candidate will assume a cell/process/equipment engineering and development role joining Factorial’s team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This role requires experience in designing and developing process, layout, installation of equipment and statistics data analysis. This candidate will be involved in pilot scale, low and high-volume production as well as process optimization for R&D projects. The candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills to facilitate exchanges between various departments within the company.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Develop the manufacturing process for new products
- Define process critical parameters to optimize the process condition to make sure the consistency of cell build
- Lead prototype builds through development of the processes, tooling, and equipment
- Work with product engineering to refine designs for manufacturing
- Design, construction, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high quality cell product
- Develop control plan working with product and quality engineering
- Develop PFMEA to identify the process failure and create mitigation plan
- Provide technical direction and support to project team and outside vendor sources.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical/Material Engineering
- Min. 5 years’ experience in process development and engineering for Li-ion battery
- Technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in developing advanced manufacturing process innovation projects
- Experience with machine design and manufacturing process optimization
- Strong analytical thinking, as well as problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience in process optimization through statistical analysis, Lean/Six-Sigma experience a plus
- Proven track record of success in bringing projects to fruition
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work within project teams and with customers with dedication and technical excellence
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.