Sr. Test Engineer
- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
Factorial is looking for a Sr. Test Engineer who will be responsible for working with cell engineers and scientists to design their test requirements in to executable battery test equipment procedures. The successful candidate will assume a test/validation engineering role joining Factorial’s team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This position will report to the engineering division of Factorial Energy.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Operate equipment and run test software to execute requested tests
- Maintain & develop improvements for electrical test equipment
- Create test recipes for all test from internal and external customer
- Develop and document work instructions for process procedures and equipment maintenance
- Oversee, evaluate, and calibrate equipment, systems, and procedures used in the development and production of products and will ensure safety, quality, and purity requirements are met.
- Design and implement standardized mechanical test fixtures
- Coordinate internal and external testing and summarize test data in graphs and tables for internal and external team
- Perform cell measurements and record data
- Develop DVP&R and PVP&R based on customer requirement and execute plan accordingly
- Support implementation of environmental and safety best practices
- BS or MS degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering preferred. Other Engineering disciplines will be considered as well.
- 5+ Years of experience in validation and testing for lithium secondary battery. Preferred experience for EV application
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required; Advanced MS Excel and Access skills preferred. Knowledge of programming such as Visual basic and Python is a plus
- Ability to mentor engineering technicians and lead projects
- Quick learner and adaptable to rapid change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work within project teams and with customers with dedication and technical excellence
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.