- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
Factorial is looking for an IP specialist who will be responsible for Factorial’s IP filing, development, and maintenance. The successful candidate joins Factorial’s team in Woburn, Massachusetts. The candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills to facilitate exchanges between various departments within the company. This position will report to the VP of technology.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Manage and maximize company’s intellectual property portfolio - handling all tasks involved in the management of a growing technology patent portfolio.
- Work closely with technical team at all levels to capture innovations; review and analyze invention disclosures
- Work closely with inventors, outside attorney to draft, fill, and track high quality patent applications
- Work with management team on company’s intellectual property strategy plan and development.
- Provide technical and legal research and analysis based on the technical team’s requirements
- Perform duties related to other projects as required
- Bachelor’s in chemistry or Material Science, or equivalent experience
- Scientific knowledge of lithium battery technology
- Minimum of 3 years’ IP experience in lithium battery industry or law firm
- USPTO registration preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical and research skills required including experience with patent and non-patent literature databases
- Working knowledge of USPTO, and international offices rules and procedures
- Experience working with processes and procedures for managing Intellectual Property
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.