- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
Factorial is seeking a Lab Test Technician to join its team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This role will support our Battery Operations group and will be responsible for battery assembly, battery validation, data collection, and test lab maintenance
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Performing lithium-ion battery testing according to a strict standard of procedures in order to produce batteries of consistent excellent quality.
- Operating and maintaining/troubleshooting battery test equipment to include calibration, verification, data analysis, and taking various measurements.
- Recording all activities in a technical record book and working with researchers to further develop consistent procedures.
- Interfacing with computer systems to enter and retrieve data and analyze basic operational information.
- Product analysis: teardowns, failure analysis, analytical testing, and record management
- Work safely and in compliance with all regulations and quality systems.
- Coordinating and executing equipment maintenance per manufacturer’s guidelines
- Good dexterity; sufficient to work with small components.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor or Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years’ hands-on experience working in a team setting.
- Experience working in a chemical laboratory setting, and or quality control environment is preferred.
- General knowledge of equipment calibration and procedures regarding chemical safety. Must be comfortable with operating benchtop machinery and performing repetitive tasks.
- Basic understanding or interest in lab analytical equipment and test methods.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent people skills and demonstrated ability to work on teams.
- The role will entail work within Lionano SE’s dry room facility. Technicians must be capable of working in low moisture conditions (<.5% Relative Humidity/-50°C dew point).
- Capable of meeting OSHA standards for manual lifting guidelines <50lbs
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.