Sr. Compliance (safety) Engineer
- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
Factorial is looking for a Sr. Compliance (safety) Engineer who will be responsible for Factorial’s cell safety performance strategy and validate it for our new lithium metal battery and Li-ion cell. The successful candidate will assume compliance(safety) engineering and development role joining Factorial’s team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This role requires experience in safety testing for thermal, mechanical, and electrochemical testing, and data analysis. This role includes technical support for R&D teams. The candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills to facilitate exchanges between various departments within the company. This position will report to the engineering division of Factorial Energy.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Key member for Factorial’s next generation lithium-ion battery and pouch cell performance
- Execute safety and compliance evaluations during design to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards for lithium secondary battery
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and internal project directly to analyze the safety requirement and set up the mitigation action accordingly
- Actively engages in the development of strategies and risk assessments to meet compliance standards and regulations and creates process documentation
- Lead the efforts to provide guidance international compliance standards, regulations and reports Lead the efforts to incorporate compliance strategies
- Participates in the development of Li-ion, Li-metal cell standards and discussions with customer
- BS or MS in electrical or mechanical or chemical engineering
- As a compliance (safety) engineer, minimum 5 years’ experience in Li metal battery (preferred) or Li-ion battery (at minimum)
- Highly experience in safety testing and understanding mechanism of thermal behavior for Li metal or Li-ion battery (at minimum)
- Fundamental knowledge of regulations and industry standards
- Proficiency in the lithium metal or Li-ion battery safety performance and criteria
- Proficiency in the lithium metal or Li-ion battery functional safety performance and criteria, a plus
- Proven track record of success in bringing projects to fruition
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work within project teams and with customers with dedication and technical excellence
- Fundamental knowledge of regulations and industry standards for safety behavior
- Strong testing planning, problem solving and decision-making skills
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.