Sr. Scientist for Lithium metal batteries
- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
Factorial Energy is looking for a Scientist – Lithium metal batteries Development to join its R&D team in Woburn, Massachusetts. The successful candidate will take laboratory-oriented tasks and will focus on Lithium metal, surface-treatment of Lithium metal, or electrolyte formulation development for lithium metal batteries. This position requires an understanding of lithium batteries, lithium metal, and electrolyte chemistry. Candidates must have academic or industrial experience with lithium metal batteries development. The role will entail independent design and execution of experiments, data analysis, and collaboration with Factorial Energy’s R&D. Applicants should expect to be closely involved in patent filings and must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Design, develop and validate strategies to stabilize Li metal anode or optimize electrolyte composition for long cell cycle life.
- Analysis and characterization of the Li metal anode, electrolyte formulation, and develop understanding of relationship between the Li metal surface morphology and cell performance.
- Contribute to the fabrication process development to optimize product cost and quality.
- Provide scientific support to project teams to resolve both practical and fundamental issues
- Maintain compliance with all company protocols related to confidentiality, assignment of inventions, and other policies or duties as identified and assigned
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- More than 2 years of industry/academic (postgraduate) experiences with lithium metal batteries
- Expertise and hand on experience in lithium metal batteries and cutting-edge technology from preparation to application with fundamental understanding the dynamic changes of lithium metal batteries working in the energy storage systems and generate solutions to the challenges.
- Proven track record of work on projects related to the Li metal cells.
- Experience with quasi-solid-state electrolyte development is a plus
- Plus for candidates with testing and evaluating experience of lithium metal batteries in pouch cell level.
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to work within project teams with dedication and technical excellence
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.