- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
Factorial is looking for a Production/Staff Engineer who will be responsible for Factorial’s cell process development and implementation of our new lithium-ion battery and cell technology. The successful candidate will assume a process engineering and development role joining Factorial’s team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This role requires experience in manufacturing/production in a fast-paced environment. This role includes technical support for the battery operations and R&D teams. This candidate will be involved in pilot scale, low and high-volume production as well as production design and R&D projects. The candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills to facilitate exchanges between various departments within the company. This position will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager in theBattery Operations division.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Key member for Factorial’s next generation lithium ion battery and pouch cell production processes
- Design, validate, and analyze lithium ion battery production data for continuous improvement to processes
- Key member for large cell next Gen fabrication process development and optimization
- Provide engineering support to project teams to resolve production and quality issues
- Collaborate and communicate with internal customers directly on cell development
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ChemE/Industrial Engineering, or related field(s)
- 2+ years’ industrial experience in fast paced manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of success in process improvement and development
- Proficiency in the lithium ion battery cell fabrication processes a plus
- Experience maintaining effective technical relationships with suppliers, customers (internal and external)
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work within project teams and with customers with dedication and technical excellence
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.