- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
The Project Manager will develop and coordinate the information flow among management, engineering, operations, and business development to plan, execute and report the company’s progress toward achieving its business objectives across multiple product categories. The successful candidate will have a history of documented success collaborating with cross functional teams to drive complex products from the development phase to production. The role requires a highly organized mind set, a passion to launch new technologies and an unparalleled ability to pull people together to make things happen.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accountable for creating, maintaining & communicating schedules & plans for all of Factorial's next generation battery solutions to ensure they meet safety, function, life, and cost targets
- Create and manage Gantt charts to track and communicate project progress
- Drive action with internal & cross functional teams to successfully complete projects within time & resource constraints
- Identify creative & timely solutions to key program challenges
- Track project progress & report effectively on status, blockers & changes
- Develop & maintain effective communication channels to all stakeholders
- Track project costs & drive cost management improvement
- Track resourcing of projects & drive resource balancing between different program priorities
- Support tracking & execution of design validation testing
- Identify team priorities & motivate the project team to complete critical tasks
- Develop systems & best practices for communication & change management
- Own product BOM accuracy & communication of changes between design, supply chain, PMI &material planning
- Complete appropriate documentation & ensure accuracy of data across Factorial's systems
- Manage third party engineering providers and Tier 1 suppliers
- Drive product commercialization by working closely with product development team
- Track progress and encourage efficient collaboration achieve challenging milestones
- Work with technical leaders to scope, schedule and budget projects
- Provide technical guidance to solve engineering challenges across multiple domains of expertise
- Seasoned hands-on program management, product development, experience with world-leading automotive / battery companies required
- Technical background in battery cell development is required. Deep understanding in lithium-ion battery is strongly preferred.
- Product development experience with joint development partners strongly preferred
- Eager to learn, adapt and contribute to challenging situations
- Results-oriented, creative and resourceful, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and solve problems while maintaining attention to detail within budget and deadlines
- High energy and thrives in a dynamic, distributed environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the experience and ability to bring Factorial's mission and purpose to life, inspiring and motivating a diverse community
- Must relocate or live in the Greater Boston Area
- Able to attend hours when needed to accommodate meetings involving participants from multiple time zones
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.