Senior/Staff Battery Engineer
- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST™).
Factorial is looking for a Senior/Staff Battery Engineer who will be responsible for EV large cell development with new lithium-ion battery technology (Next Generation preferred with Li-metal or Silicon). The successful candidate will take cell engineering and development role to join its team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This role requires extensive experience in lithium ion cell product and process development engineering with large cell level for EV battery application. This role includes technical support for R&D team, with technical cell level analysis. This candidate will also possess pilot scale sample process development to collaborate with R&D projects. In addition, this role will be closely involved in market research and must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills to facilitate exchanges between various departments within the company in product design. This position will report to Sr. Director, Cell Engineering division
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Key member for next generation lithium ion battery and pouch cell level product
- Design, validate, and analyze lithium ion battery product for its application in high energy density lithium batteries
- Key member for large size next Gen cell fabrication process development to optimize product quality
- Provide engineering support to project teams to resolve quality issues
- Collaboration and communication with customer and supplier to discuss each technical information and performance
- Master’s degree or higher in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- 4+ years’ industrial experience in lithium ion battery next Gen cell development for EV application
- Proven track of success in lithium ion battery next Gen cell development project for EV application
- Proficient in the lithium ion battery cell process for pilot scale and sample fabrication
- Experience maintaining effective technical relationships with suppliers, customer and internal (and external) departments
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work within project teams and customer with dedication and technical excellence
- Must relocate or live in the Greater Boston Area
- Able to attend hours when needed to accommodate meetings involving participants from multiple time zones
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.