- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial is transforming battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™ (FEST).
Factorial is seeking a Lab Technician to join its team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This role will support our Battery Engineering group and will be responsible for battery fabrication (mixing & coating), battery assembly, battery testing and lab maintenance.
Other tasks may include, but are not limited to:
· Performing lithium-ion battery fabrication according to a strict standard of procedures in order to produce batteries of consistent excellent quality.
· Operating mass balances, slurry mixers, blade coaters, micrometers, die punches and vacuum sealers to produce lithium-ion battery electrodes and pouch cells.
· Recording all activities in a technical record book and working with researchers to further develop consistent procedures.
· Interfacing with computer systems to enter and retrieve data and analyze basic operational information.
· Work safely and in compliance with all regulations and quality systems.
· Coordinating and executing equipment maintenance per manufacturer’s guidelines
· · Good dexterity; sufficient to work with small components.
· High school diploma required. Bachelor or Associates degree preferred.
· Minimum of 1 years’ hands-on experience working in a team setting.
· Experience working in a chemical laboratory setting, and or quality control environment is preferred.
· General knowledge of equipment calibration and procedures regarding chemical safety. Must be comfortable with operating benchtop machinery and performing repetitive tasks.
· Basic understanding or interest in lab analytical equipment and test methods.
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Excellent people skills and demonstrated ability to work in teams.
· The role will entail work within Factorial's dry room facility. Technicians must be capable of working in low moisture conditions (<.5% Relative Humidity/-50°C dew point).
· Capable of meeting OSHA standards for manual lifting guidelines <50lbs
Factorial is empowering a sustainable future with the highest performance and safest batteries for electric vehicles, homes, and critical applications. We have pioneered Factorial Electrolyte System Technology™, a high performance, scalable solid-state electrolyte solution, to enable batteries with longer range and a higher degree of safety for the global EV market.
Factorial is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.