IT/Administration Coordinator - Eurofins Environment
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Primary Purpose: Under direct supervision from the Operations Manager, the IT/Admin Coordinator is responsible for:
- The management of the IT ticket system and complete support of IT infrastructure for Ottawa.
- Ensuring that the company’s computer equipment works properly and provide support to all users. Most particularly, you will provide troubleshooting and resolution services to users, test and install computer hardware/equipment, install, maintain and upgrade equipment; troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Supporting the Building Administrator in managing the financial accounts for the Ontario business including invoicing, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Assist the Drinking Water coordinator with exceedance reporting to the Ministry/Public Health etc.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Ontario team to rectify IT, PC, network and LIMS issues. Work closely with QA coordinator and local networking team to achieve this
- Configure and maintain the hardware and computer platform of multiple laboratory environment.
- Desk side support including remote resolution, service requests installs, moves, Decomms
- Hardware Break and Fix
- Software Support
- Local and Network Printer Support
- Contribute to the accounting, payroll, client service, purchasing and other office related duties.
- University degree or college diploma in a related field.
- Good understanding of IT and PC applications and software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Aquis etc.)
- LIMS and instrument transfer program experience considered an asset.
- Self-starter, ambitious and energetic.
- Lab experience considered an asset.
- High degree of autonomy, creativity and strong sense of initiative, in a fast-paced / stressful environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing.
- Bilingualism (French and English) an asset.
- Positive attitude.
- Must be comfortable with all facets of PC, laptop hardware, setup and maintenance; including installation and configuration of hard drives, NIC's, printers, CPU/Heatsinks, racking and cabling new rackmount equipment and other PC accessories.
- Strong debugging skills for complex problems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- RRSP/DPSP eligibility with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee Assistance Plan, Tuition Program and much more!
- This position will be working in an office environment within a laboratory facility, sitting at a desk working on a computer. Light-intermediate lifting requirements of no more than 30 lbs. Hazardous materials are handled using established safety procedures and appropriate PPE.
- Extra hours may be required, as well as working periodic weekends and/or evenings.