- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join our team on a 12 month fix-term-contract. You will be responsible for reconciling the cash and banking activities, to include preparation of the general ledger journals for the banking accounting entries.
The successful individual will also assist producing the banking exceptions report for esure Insurance, ensuring items are addressed within agreed SLA’s. To ensure supplier invoices & staff expenses are processed correctly on time.
Supervise the effective handling of customer, client, supplier and internal business department enquiries
What you will do:
Cash and Banking:
- Working closely with the Team Leader – Cash Operations, ensure timely production of daily bank reconciliations, including the monitoring, reporting and resolution of the ROI banking exceptions.
- Responsible for updating the daily Reconciliation Open Interface (ROI) banking Exceptions Report and recording new exceptions requiring action by Claims.
- Supervise the Exception details report to ensure Claims meet their SLA’s.
- Tasked with weekly Copart Salvage Returns reconciliation to the bank statement
- Responsible for the daily bank reconciliation of esure Insurance, to include preparation of the general ledger journals for the banking accounting entries and investigate any discrepancies.
- To input banking payments using Barclays.Net.
- Perform cash updates to business including cashflow, daily collections and account balances.
- Handle the preparation of Manual cheques for deceased policy holders, Add-On claims and one of supplier payments, including obtaining signatories and distribution within the agreed SLA of 48 hours. This also included maintaining the manual cheque log.
- Opening post and distribute accordingly.
- Ensure Recovery cheques payable to Third Party Insurers are dispatched to Claims accordingly.
- Ensure Finance contact Claims weekly to resolve 'missing information' claims cheques returned by third parties
- Support the Stop Cheque process and shared report, recording in the cancelled cheque register stopped cheque details requested through Barclays iPortal.
- To provide support in processing invoices received into the Accounts Payable mailbox ensuring they are input onto Oracle within 48 hours of receipt.
- Collaborating closely with Accounts Payable Accounts Assistant to answer queries received mailbox within preset SLA's.
- Processing/Reviewing of the weekly Repairernet.
- Processing payments in Oracle for bank exceptions.
- Resolve Purchase Order queries.
- Support the verification of bank details for new suppliers ensuring controls are adhered to.
- Assisting with Accounts Assistant with the customer cheque processes when required.
Decision making authority:
- Ensuring all internal departments adhere to all associated controls and procedures.
- Reconciling bank statements and highlighting any potential problems to the Team Leader – Cash Operations or Finance Systems & Operations Manager
- Resolving actions to be taken in response to identifying a suspected fraud attempt and/or the receipt of intelligence of financial crime.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A proven track record working in a financial environment is desirable.
- Computer literate with a good to intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- Must be pro-active, self-motivated, and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Able to communicate at all levels throughout the business.
- An eye for detail is crucial within the role.
- Quick and efficient worker, fast turnover of work
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.