Digital Product Owner
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Commercial
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for a Digital Product Owner on a permanent basis. Working collaboratively with and as part of the Agile team, you will play a key role in maximising the value of our new and existing products that support esure’s strategy, customers and colleagues for now and in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Lead product discovery and collaborate with the wider business on user research and customer testing to bring the voice of the customer into the Agile squads
- Have ownership of the full product lifecycle including optimising and retiring solutions
- Manage the Product Backlog. Build, prioritise and communicate initiatives, epics, user stories & acceptance criteria
- Communicate, challenge and own the product vision and convey this to delivery teams
- Continuously review our business needs, refine priorities, deliverables, and seek out opportunities and risks
- Ensure all initiatives have a clear cost-benefit case supporting any build/investment
- Set Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) for the product to measure alignment and delivery of strategic goals
- Support Business Change & Readiness activity to ensure value optimisation
What we’d love you to bring:
- A passion for improving value from Products and putting the customer at the heart of all product design/delivery
- An experienced Product Owner who has led the end to end product delivery lifecycle
- Experience working on large Agile projects and an understanding of Scrum and DevOps
- Proficient at generating high quality documentation including user stories, use cases and flow diagrams
- The ability to confidently challenge but to also engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- A Product Owner related certification (e.g. PSPO, CSPO) is advantageous
Why choose us?
This is your opportunity to be at the forefront of our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.