- Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Legal
esure Group are currently recruiting for a Legal Counsel on a Full-Time Permanent basis. We have an excellent legal team with an encouraging and inclusive culture, which will support you in carving out your in-house legal career.
What you'll do:
- Working with Senior Legal Counsel to provide a full legal service to all areas of the business, including commercial arrangements with third party suppliers and strategic partners
- Operating both independently, and with senior colleague support, to drive approach, documentation and processes adopted by the business within applicable laws and regulation.
- Working with business colleagues in relation to the Company’s compliance, contractual provisions and corporate structure including collaborating closely with internal partners and external counsel, as appropriate.
- Clearly identifying and mitigating legal and regulatory risks and assisting the business to manage residual risk in accordance with the company’s regulatory licences and company policies.
- Helping to drive keeping customer documentation and standard form contracts up to date.
- A Solicitor or Barrister holding a practising certificate in England and Wales.
- 1-3 PQE or equivalent, with relevant experience in corporate, commercial, IT, data protection, litigation or Regulatory areas of the law
- Must be able to demonstrate the skills for drafting documentation and have the ability to give commercially attuned advice.
- Strong communication skills and the willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
We’ll help you gain:
- Opportunity to develop as an in-house lawyer and business partner, benefiting from working with other members of the legal team with diverse experience
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Wide breadth of experience, working with a number of different functions across the business
What we will offer you in return:
- Flexible benefits and a highly competitive package that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Profit Share bonus
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working – including hybrid working
- Flexible benefits package including buy/sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, preferential rates on EV vehicles and much more.