Data Governance Lead
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Data
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
As the Data Governance lead you will own the data governance strategy and roadmap for our new data analytics platform and key operational systems. Working at the intersection of data, security, engineering, business, and risk functions, your role is to improve data enablement, data quality and data discoverability across esure whilst also ensuring we are managing and using our data appropriately.
What you will do:
- Review, refresh and maintain our data governance strategy whilst driving the implementation of key Data Governance projects
- Lead assessments around: data risks; data maturity, documentation gaps and data quality
- Working closely with the Data Protection Office and Information Security, to ensure all handling of personal data is both secure and appropriate
- Product owner for esure’s data quality framework and data catalogue. You will work with engineers to automate governance controls, build catalogue features and produce metrics
- Support business data owners in driving data quality improvements across all of our systems
- Leading on data governance risks and issues
What we are looking for:
- You will be passionate about modern data technologies and want to be a part of a company who values and drives data led decisions
- A data practitioner who has extensive experience of data governance in an analytics environment
- Up to date knowledge on big data technology and modern data governance approaches (e.g. DQ frameworks such as Great Expectations)
- You believe in agile data governance as a key enabler to getting value from data
- Hands-on data analytics skills in SQL (Python would be a bonus)
- Any experience with cloud data warehouses (ideally Databricks) is advantageous
We’ll help you gain:
- Experience in the dynamic world of big data, becoming an SME in agile data governance and hands-on SQL and Python skills
Why choose us?
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 28 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey!
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.