Technical Lead (Amazon Connect)
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Technology
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Lead to join our IT function on a permanent basis. You will manage a high performing team whose key priority is to build software and customer experiences that drive, shape and deliver our customer-centric digital transformation.
What you will do:
- Be a line manager that individuals will remember for years to come! You will lead, coach and mentor an Agile squad accountable for shaping and building esure’s future
- Technical lead for the squad, working with the Product Owner and Developers to design and build customer facing systems using latest cloud technologies around Amazon connect, Amazon lex, Amazon Kendra, Lighthouse and several others.
- Improving the engineering practices in the squad including code quality, testing and CI/CD
- Partner with the Product Owner to ensure the squad has a clear mission, healthy backlog and agile practices
- Be a part of esure’s engineering community. Strive to actively share technical expertise with the team and champion and drive tech change wider than your squad
What we’d love you to bring:
- A passion for people and a deep love of technology! You will consider yourself a people motivator who is used to working in an agile environment to deliver and achieve great things
- Expertise in Amazon platform and Amazon connect or other similar multi-channel cloud/SaaS platforms (such as Genesys cloud CX, Webex, Twilio Flex, Five9)
- Expert in Java 8+ or frontend development with React, full stack experience is ideal
- Willingness to participate in the architectural designs and decisions as well as low level technical choices
- Experience working with a cloud platform, ideally AWS
- Skilled in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- Previous background working in high traffic, highly transactional online environments
- An advocate of different agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, continuous delivery
Why choose us?
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 28 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey!
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.