Part Time - Customer Relations Specialist
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Operations
- Working Hours: Part time hours
We have a fantastic part time opportunity for a Customer Relations Specialist to join the Customer Relations team on a 12 month FTC. This role is part time, working 19 hours per week Monday to Friday between the hours of 9 am - 5 pm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all complaints received, are managed in line with the mandatory complaint-handling rules as set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- The ability to judge each case on its own merit, without making assumptions.
- Work with expert business areas to get to the root cause of a complaint using tenacity and confidence to be able to challenge appropriately.
- Ensure an informed decision is made on each complaint based on the findings of the investigation, taking into account the value of that particular Customer.
- Timely closure of a case within own authority level
- To respond positively to challenges on each decision made if seeking approval beyond own authority level
- To recommend and action appropriate compensation level
- Provide customers with explanations that support the business but positioned so a Customer remains loyal and has a full understanding of our position.
- Provide a complete history/life cycle of the complaint to ensure if escalation occurs anyone can pick up the file and understand the decision-making process and recommendations.
- To prevent the same type of complaints it is crucial that learning is fed back to the business either via the Continuous Improvement tracker, the Customer Relations Manager or the relevant Business Manager.
- Responses must be given within FCA timescales and FOS rights must be given within 8 weeks of the first date the customer complained.
- Ensure all documentation & database entries are completed to enable compliance reporting to be undertaken.
- Provide support and advice to any internal business area that requests help, being a reference point within the business on successful complaint resolution.
You are a good fit for the role if you have the following…
- Complaint management experience is desirable, however not essential
- Claims experience and good understanding of claims processes is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication is essential
- A working knowledge of FCA rules on complaint handling, the role of the Financial Ombudsman Service and adherence to the Data Protection Act desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative is crucial as is the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Good Microsoft skills with experience of Excel/Word/Outlook and SharePoint
Salary - £22,612-£28,265
Hours - Monday to Friday
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising with length of service
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- City Centre office location with great facilities, including a games room
- Discounts on cinema vouchers, restaurants, holidays and more…
- Opportunities for career progression
- Refer a friend scheme, up to £1,000
- Employee and family discounts on esure products
- Life Assurance (x3 annual salary)
- Employee Assistance Programme