Principal Pricing Analyst
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Pricing
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Pricing Analyst to join our Pricing department. This is a full time, permanent position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for significantly improving the profitability of the company through driving improvements to (Motor or Home) pricing, across all our brands and channels.
The Day to Day
- Recommend, deliver and oversee changes to prices and underwriting criteria to help achieve volume and profit targets across all products, channels and brands.
- Responsible for delivering pricing initiatives, as well as feeding in new ideas, to make esure’s pricing and rating capabilities market leading.
- Understands the market and brings relevant market insight to the attention of the Pricing Team.
- Understand and can explain to others the main aspects of Pricing e.g. risk pricing, retail pricing and expenses, including how these are modelled/derived.
- Leads and supervise on building and updating significant risk/retail models using Radar, Emblem and alternative modelling/Data Science techniques.
- Responsible for implementing changes through the pricing algorithm as required. Ensure all rate changes are made promptly, in a controlled manner and that there are no major rate change audit issues.
- Leads on and supervises others with analysis to monitor any issues in key aspects of business performance, such as conversion, retention, loss ratios, and rate analysis. Issues are flagged and corrected appropriately.
- Use insights gained from internal and external sources to deliver a step change improvement in esure’s pricing and rating capabilities.
- Has a wide knowledge of all esure products, understanding the differences between them and how they should be analysed.
- Undertake and lead ad-hoc project work as and when requested by other parts of the business ensuring that the results are communicated appropriately.
- Manage own workload and assist Analysts and Senior Analysts in managing tasks, assessing priorities and managing conflict between these.
- Be responsible for the accuracy and relevance of the analysis carried out by themselves and the analysts under their supervision, making sure that the results are communicated appropriately.
- Be responsible for the accuracy and relevance of their analysis, checking their own work and the work of others thoroughly, and with minimal errors.
- Develop the capabilities of Senior Pricing Analysts and Pricing Analysts. Offer them advice and guidance as and when needed, as well as acting as a role model.
- Take account of FCA GIPP rules and other regulation when required.
- Take ownership of their own development and are a source of innovation and new ideas for their team and the wider business.
- Build effective relationships within the esure Pricing Team and wider business at both junior and senior levels.
We’d Love you to Bring
- Experience in analysis and/or knowledge of the UK Motor & Home Insurance markets.
- Degree level education or equivalent with proven numeracy skills.
We’d also like to hear if you have…
- A knowledge of pricing and modelling techniques
- Experience of applying multivariate statistical and/or Data Science techniques (e.g. Regression (GLMs), Clustering, GBMs) to business problems
- Computer literate with a knowledge of statistical software such as SAS or Python would be an advantage, as well as insurance pricing software, e.g. Radar and Emblem.
- A well organised and logical approach, with attention to detail and good communication skills are essential as is the ability to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how the business works and performs.
- The ability to communicate technical information in non-technical terms where appropriate and the ability to produce clear and concise written reports
Why choose us
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey!
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.