Learning, Talent & Culture Lead
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: HR
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
We’re one of the UK’s leading insurers, protecting more than 2.5 million people in their homes and on the roads when they need us most.
Our journey started back in 2000 – a small company with a pioneering spirit to sell insurance direct through our esure and Sheilas’ Wheels brands. We’ve grown a lot since then, but we’ve held onto that pioneering spirit every step of the way.
Now, we’re onto the next part of our game-changing story. We’re giving our customers a world-class digital experience, together with a human touch when it’s needed most. And we’re working hard to be a force for good in our communities and for our planet. It’s part of our mission to fix insurance for good, so we can help our customers lead fuller lives.
Our people are our superpowers! Our strong insurance heritage is boosted by colleagues’ unique skills, strengths, backgrounds, and experiences. They bring diverse thinking and proven track records in some of the most advanced tech and customer-focused industries – all to offer products and experiences our customers love.
Excited by our game-changing story? Read on to be part of our journey…
What you’ll do
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering a strategy that impacts every aspect of the employee lifecycle, from designing a seamless recruitment and onboarding journey in order to attract the best diverse candidates, to creating learning opportunities that allow our colleagues to flourish, to establishing and maintaining a culture in esure that retains and engages colleagues.
How you’ll do it
We’re on the hunt for colleagues who:
- Dare to do different – you think outside the box, push boundaries to challenge the status quo, and roll up your sleeves to turn ideas into action.
- Ace what matters most – you have a knack for knowing what’s most important for colleagues and customers, and that’s where you channel your energy.
- Play strong as one – you celebrate everyone’s unique strengths to get the best results, and you’re not afraid to test and learn as you go.
In return, we’ll help you bring your best and truest self to work every day. That’s because inclusion matters to us. We learn and grow from colleagues’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. So, we’ll celebrate your most authentic self and help you balance the things that matter most – both work and play.
The skills you’ll bring
- Experience and ideas on executing performance management, succession planning and talent assessment in a modern, agile and meaningful way.
- Strategic, cross-functional thinker with a strong bias for action and implementation
- Excitement and drive to develop a dynamic, agile, data driven culture that enables individuals to succeed
Everyone brings something special, so don’t worry if you don’t meet all the requirements for this role. If there’s something you haven’t done yet, it’s likely you can learn it here (and bring a fresh perspective while you’re at it!). Just come ready to learn, get stuck in, and share your unique skills to help us fix insurance for good. And if you need any adjustments to make this role work for you, please get in touch.
Why choose us?
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 28 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey!
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
Is this the opportunity you’ve been searching for? Hit ‘apply’ and you could soon be starting your game-changing journey with us.