Senior Data Engineer
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Data
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer! You will lead the ingestion, storage, and development of data pipelines into our data platform.
What you'll do:
- Build and support esure’s industry leading data platform
- Work with product managers and data scientists to come up with technical solutions for our most pressing data problems
- Integrate data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and technical standards
- Improve data engineering processes and roll these out across our team and wider data community
- Working in an agile squad and coach/mentor Junior Engineers
- Working with architects on the best design for data products and evaluating and experimenting with new data engineering tools
What are we looking for?:
- A passion for technology and designing and building data systems
- Strong hands-on experience with modern cloud data warehouses such as Redshift, Snowflake or Databricks, ideally on AWS
- Strong Python experience including deep knowledge of Python data ecosystem, ideally hands-on Airflow and Great expectations
- Hands on experience in all phases of data modelling from conceptualisation to database optimisation supported by advanced SQL skills and ideally DBT
- Demonstrable experience implementing batch and real-time data integration frameworks including assessing performance, debugging, and fine-tuning those systems
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Flexible benefits platform - choose the benefits that suit you and your lifestyle
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible / hybrid working model
- Staff discount on our products
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, job share or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.