Data Product Manager
- Cadogan St, Glasgow G2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Data
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Product Manager! Whilst leading a data squad, you will be responsible for improving the value of esure’s data products and act as the data expert for different business areas.
What you'll do:
- Full ownership of business use cases for data analytics, from high level requirements through to technical design
- Lead a cross-functional data squad of data analysts, engineers, data scientists and business SME’s delivering high value data products (e.g. dashboards, predictive models, data integration projects)
- Act as data steward for a business area and work with the wider data community on the roadmap for all data initiatives in that area
- Continuously review business needs, refine priorities, deliverables, and find opportunities and risks
- Drive Agile/Scrum ways of working across squads and look for new data analytics innovations and trends on the market
What are we looking for?:
- A Product Owner/Manager who has a passion for data and experience supporting data focused initiatives!
- End-to-end Product Delivery cycle working on large agile projects and an understanding of Scrum and DevOps
- Solid understanding of data technologies and ecosystems with hands-on data analyst skills
- Proficient at generating high quality documentation including user stories, use cases and flow diagrams
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Flexible benefits platform - choose the benefits that suit you and your lifestyle
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible / hybrid working model
- Staff discount on our products
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, job share or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.