Data Business Analyst
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Data
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Business Analyst! You will get involved in both the analysis and design on data focused projects, whilst being fully involved in development, testing, training and business readiness elements of the project lifecycle.
What you'll do:
- Conduct analysis & insight to drive business decisions & performance across data projects and products
- Analyse, build & present reports on multiple data sources to technical and non-technical individuals across the business
- Work closely with product, engineering & data science teams to successfully deliver data projects
- Proactively see opportunities in data to accelerate product development
- Build, maintain & automate business intelligence dashboards and self-serve capability
- Help define the right metrics across different teams and build out tracking frameworks
- Ensure data quality and integrity. Work with our DBA’s to improve pipelines to be more robust
What are we looking for?:
- A passion for understanding and driving strong data ‘storytelling’ to make data and insight actionable
- A deep understanding of data models and analytics (Exposure to predictive modelling and machine learning is advantageous)
- Proven experience with SQL, including writing and troubleshooting queries involving complex joins and functions (any Python experience is a bonus)
- Strong data visualisation skills using tools for presenting results such as Tableau and Superset
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Flexible benefits platform - choose the benefits that suit you and your lifestyle
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible / hybrid working model
- Staff discount on our products
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, job share or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.