Graduate Pricing Analyst
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Pricing
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented graduates to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
If you studied or are studying in a STEM field or another subject with substantial mathematical/statistical content, then the Pricing & Analytics team at esure Group could be the place for you!
We are looking for graduates to join our innovative and growing Pricing team based in Reigate. You will join us as a Pricing Analyst in a permanent role with a view to progressing to Senior Analyst in roughly 3 years.
Our Pricing team are responsible for setting the rates across for our car and home insurance customers. You will pay a key part in this by monitoring key business performance metrics, building predictive models (for example, the frequency and severity of claims, market price and probability of sale), and using price optimisation to balance profitability and sales. You will often be presenting your analysis to esure exec members at the Pricing Committee.
Your development is key to us. You will receive all the training you’ll need from a dedicated mentor, in addition to support from your manager and the wider team. Over the 3 years, you will have the opportunity to hone your technical tool kit and soft skills. We will provide exposure to coding in languages such as Python, and use of specialist software such as WTW Radar, and Tableau.
This is an exciting time to be joining us as we all work collectively towards our vision of business transformation. We are serious about fixing insurance for good through the creation of an unbeatable platform that changes customers' views and perceptions of insurance providers. This is a chance to be part of these new foundations and, also using some data magic, build magnetic value for both our existing and future customers.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2:1 degree with substantial mathematical/statistical content
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment
- You have a logical approach to problem solving with great attention to detail
Why choose us?
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.