Data & Insight Analyst
- Cadogan St, Glasgow G2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Claims
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for a Data & Insight Analyst to help our business drive further value from data and support in esure Group’s journey to becoming a world class digital insurer!
As part of esure's Claims Analysis Team, we provide support to the wider business through analysis of claims data, and communicate recommendations and useful insights to improve overall performance.
The day to day:
- Analyse claims financial and operational MI to provide insight on driving business benefit for the Home and Motor books of business.
- Working in conjunction with teams across the business, plan, develop and update new and existing MI, analysis and insight.
- Review and analyse internal and external data sources to drive forward the improvement of data provision within the insurance environment and provide new data products.
- Ensure that risks and opportunities relating to emerging and current issues are fully understood along with the potential financial impact.
- Support esure's Digital Transformation programme by providing identified and appropriately detailed data requirements for ongoing reporting, taking ownership of any project elements.
- Work closely with our actuarial reserving function to provide clarity on claims performance and share insight into emerging and existing trends for the quarterly reserving process.
- Support internal savings initiatives, providing financial analytical support to both model cases and to supervise the flow of benefits.
We'd love you to bring:
- An analytical approach to problem-solving gained from working with sophisticated data sets, with experience of extracting data using SQL based programming tools
- The ability to work on analytical projects both collaboratively and independently, whilst undertaking multiple, concurrent activities with a high degree of accuracy
- Confidence in presenting and clearly communicating analytical outcomes in both written and verbal formats, acknowledging the broad variety of audiences and technical context required in each situation
We’d also like to hear if you have…
- Knowledge of analytical packages such as Python or R would be useful
- Appliable knowledge of visual based analysis tools such as Qlik, Power BI or Tableau
We’ll help you gain:
- Access to accredited Learning Academies to develop technical skills across a variety of areas e.g. Data, Analytical Techniques and Agile.
- Potential to acquire further career related qualifications through the Apprenticeship scheme e.g. Level 4 Data Analyst, Level 6 Data Scientist (Integrated Degree).
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, job share or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.