- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
esure Group are currently recruiting for a Java Developer to own and support the designing, creating and continuous improvement of new technical products and services to support esure’s business and our digital transformation.
Day to Day Duties:
- Key member of a robust Agile team accountable for shaping and building esure’s future products and services
- Design and build digital and technical products to meet the needs of esure’s customers and internal colleagues
- Green field development from the ground up building internal and externally facing APIs. You will also take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms
- Build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment
- Drive the continued rollout of our Enterprise Agile and transformation journey
- Identify areas of improvement around technical quality of the product and opportunities for the removal of technical debt
- Challenge the current processes to constantly improve the department's ways of working and increase efficiency
We'd love you to bring:
- Java development experience in a scaled Agile environment, alongside delivery partners and 3rd party applications
- Java, Springboot, micro services, database programming, event streaming and queueing technologies in a cloud-based environment. A full stack developer is an advantage in this role, but not essential.
- Communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, providing insight into new technical products and services
- Knowledge and experience of code quality practices such as continuous integration, unit testing and peer reviews
- Experience in design and development of distributed, scalable, and highly available systems
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience, and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post Covid19
- Staff discount on our products
- Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.