Scrum Master (18 month FTC)
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
esure are looking for a passionate Scrum Master to join us on an 18 month FTC to promote and support our continued digital transformation journey through agile delivery!
The Scrum Master is responsible for mentoring and supporting their dedicated squads to perform at their highest level and to achieve successful project delivery.
The day to day:
We are looking for a Scrum Master to continuously mentor the team, partners and leadership on Scrum and Agile principles. Working closely with the Product Owner, you will offer coaching to refine and prioritise the backlog.
You'll arrange and facilitate Agile ceremonies and review Agile metrics to provide insight into data, enabling the team's need to understand and develop. You'll also support in breaking down epics and mapping out the user stories, including writing, splitting and estimation of user stories.
You'll contribute to the improvement of value delivery by removing roadblocks and impediments that prevent progress, whilst encouraging team self-organisation to enable the team to make decisions and advise on everything Agile.
You'll ensure the team keeps focus on the sprint goal (e.g. by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the team) to deliver the work committed to in the sprint and support them in maintaining their Scrum tools (Story board, Action board, charts, backlogs, etc.).
To promote the team's continuous development, the Scrum Master will facilitate learning opportunities for colleagues (e.g. talks or workshops), helping them learn important Agile concepts. We are also looking for someone to make time for individual coaching, assisting individual team members with issues and challenges they are facing.
We would love you to bring:
- Be a champion of Scrum and Agile with extensive experience of guiding and supporting the organisation with their adoption of Scaled Agile, including Scrum practices and values
- Have a passion for coaching teams and helping them improve the ways they work
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA (or similar tools) and how they can be used to improve processes and efficiencies of the team
- Have an excellent understanding of the underlying principles of Agile and how to optimally apply Scrum in complex, real-world situations
- Have in depth knowledge of Scaled Agile methods. Such as but not limited to XP, TDD, BDD and continuous integration.
- An industry approved certification such as A-CSM, PSM II or higher
- Have experience working with distributed teams and effectivity promoting collaboration, using online tools
- Enjoy the challenge of been a catalyst for change and help people become comfortable with the changes
- Excellent team player and collaborator with a focus on team dynamics that champion unity
- See the value of the individual people in the teams, what they contribute, and how you can help them unlock their potential to provide the best value to the organization
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.