Business Analyst (Data)
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst (Data) who will be responsibility for both analysis and design on relevant projects, whilst ensuring traceability of outcome through development, testing, training and business readiness elements of the project lifecycle.
The Day to Day:
Document business functional and non-functional data requirements - capture, analyse and document business requirements of partner groups.
Support coordination of business requirements including review and approval.
Assist in formulation of project scope, and planning.
Assist in developing business area relationships for successful implementation of initiatives.
To perform problem analysis for production or project issues and be able to present options and work through to a resolution.
To provide estimates for the business analysis phases of all projects.
Support Delivery Managers, Product Managers, Development teams and Test teams to ensure change is handled successfully across esure.
Evaluate change requests and support the Delivery and Product Managers to influence the approach taken by the business to maximise business benefit.
Work in an Agile methodology across all assigned programmes.
We'd love you to bring:
- Experience in methodologies, e.g. Agile and/or Waterfall.
- Understanding of the insurance market and the impact that quality data can have on both partners and customers.
- Understanding of data management, data architecture, data modelling and data governance.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in understanding and defining ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ states of client journeys, operating models, business processes as well as MI & Reporting.
- Superb communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to convey technical information in an understandable way for the business, and to translate and represent the business requirements in a manner understandable by developers.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with people from a variety of background and disciplines.
What we'll offer in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.