AWS Cloud Architect
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
Purpose of the Role:
Acting as the central point of AWS Infrastructure and Architectural knowledge within the Enterprise. SME and individual contributor.
The day to day:
- Acting as the pivotal point of AWS contact within the Technologies community with regards to AWS Infrastructure and Services standard methodology.
- Contribute to strategic development of AWS Cloud practices for both Run and Change.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering and Security colleagues and squads to advocate standard methodologies and assist implement such.
- Create and maintain AWS Cloud architecture patterns and use cases examples, where applicable map to specific AWS services including TCO. Specific strengths in Kubernetes and Infrastructure as Code.
- Continually review and extend AWS Runbooks ensuring Engineering resilliance and TCO Controls.
- Operate collegiately with one team approach within DevOps, SRE, SW Engineering communities providing AWS Infrastructure & Services guidance of adoption and Run at inception of design
- Support the standardisation of AWS practices for resilience of Run including monitoring, testing, and where vital conduct implementation reviews to ensure standard methodology for “you build it, you run it” teams”.
- Where appropriate support Incident Response team and any subsequent improvements to the Enterprise estate.
We'd love you bring:
- Continual passion to learn and apply knowledge in a collegiate fashion.
- You will need to have an extensive background in AWS Cloud Architecture and DevOps CI/CD practices
- Cloud Platforms primarily AWS; Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, EKS(K8), VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, WAF, Lambda, SNS, ELK, Connect, LEX etc.)
- Total Cost of Operating techniques and aware of the correct patterns for implementation and resilience.
- Experience of API build and integration
- Knowledge of Cloud Networking including firewalls and Security
- Kubernetes / Microservices
- AWS Architecture qualifications preferred
- Knowledge of automation tooling to facilitate CI/CD
- Application of Infrastructure knowledge
- You may have experience with Physical Data Centre assets and migration techniques.
- Oracle Cloud
- Awareness of CloudHealth and directly working with AWS TAM’s
We are committed to continual learning, the individual would be supported to grow in missing disciplines:
- Extensions of AWS Architecture including Security
- Other Cloud or Infrastructure training as required.
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.