Learning Content Designer - 12 month FTC
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: HR
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
Purpose of Role:
esure is currently looking to recruit a Digital Content Design Lead to join our Business Change team for a 12 month FTC.
As a Digital Content Design Lead you will hold responsibility for building the digital learning strategy and to design and development of high quality and engaging digital learning content to support our people as they transition into new ways of working.
Led by the objectives of our fast-paced and extensive agile transformation programme, this is a dynamic role which will support & embed a range of new skills and working practices across all levels and functions of our business
What will my role entail?
- Develop a strategy for deployment and maintenance of modular learning solutions to support the evolving requirements of the project
- Work with Subject Matter Experts, Programme Stakeholders & Business Leaders to understand programme deliverables, craft learning content and key messages
- Contribute to storyboarding of e-learning content and blended learning solutions.
- Designing and developing engaging instructional and blended learning solutions using a variety of authoring tools and media to support building people capability
- Keep content updated with the product evolution and work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Design custom learning programmes to address a varied range of upskill requirements including new tools, technology, process, product, cross-skilling, soft-skills, behaviours, mind-sets and audiences
- Lead the design of digital learning on the transformation project, responsible for ensuring the design meets the needs of esure’s strategic goals, customer requirements and business changes
- Collaborate with team members to refine best practices, maintain existing learning content, formulate appropriate program evaluation methods, and assist in managing our LMS.
- Provide multimedia support to create digital learning solutions and communications learning content.
- Act as an SME in learning technology tools and methods, use of instructional software, and effective uses of multimedia.
- Coach and build the capability of the teams design partners in L&D, design best practice including how to effectively co-create learner centric content which is often very detailed and technical.
- Plan and create assessments to measure if learning objectives are met.
- Ensure that solutions are designed in line with industry best practice, are of high quality and comply with 2018 Accessibility guidelines & WCAG guidelines.
- A track record of digital content development across transformation programme(s)
- Solid project management skills with the ability to manage multiple works streams with limited oversight
- Experience following the full Instructional Design – ADDIE model for learning content development.
- The ability to communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of SCORM, Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Possesses an advanced understanding of L&D principles & practices, learning theory and instructional design techniques to support different learning styles
- Experience working with e-learning and blended learning programs, web-based training development, and asynchronous learning content
- Excellent written and verbal English skills for the purpose of documentation development, curriculum development, editing and communication
- Results oriented and focused on pragmatically getting to outcomes - comfortable to dig in and troubleshoot as needed
- Passionate about keeping in touch with the latest industry technological techniques & trends.
- Experience of working within a scaled Agile / iterative environment would be beneficial
- Understand enterprise system architecture, ERP systems how they integrate
- Ability to quickly understand and learn processes thoroughly by working closely with teams such as SME, 3rd party’s, software developers etc
- Experience with graphic design packages, such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator, advantage etc
- A flexible, pro-active and adaptive mind-set allowing you to change directions as required to meet programme objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within an organisation
- Experience of operating within a digital transformation programme
What we will give in return:
- Access to accredited Learning Academies to develop technical skills across a range of areas
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.