Cloud Desktop Engineer
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- We are currently looking for a Microsoft Modern Desktop Engineer. This role will require extensive experience with Microsoft 365, including Microsoft Teams, Exchange Server and Exchange Online, Enterprise Mobility and Security (EM&S) services, and Microsoft Azure / Azure Active Directory.
- Design, deploy and configurate Windows 10 operating systems in Windows 365
- Configuration Manager and InTune to deploy and configure client devices, including policies for managing enrolled devices and configuration of App Protection Policies for personal devices.
- Experienced in using Configuration Manager and InTune for deployment and configuration of applications, creation & administration of groups and machine/user policies
- Comfortable with working together with customer Support teams to advise, tutor and guide on all aspects of Microsoft 365 services and the integration of these services into existing environments and support structures
- Confident with administering systems using PowerShell with the ability to teach others
- Define detailed steps for any implementation work and adhere to defined change control processes.
- Proven experience working as a Desktop Engineer.
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security (EM&S) services including Azure Active Directory, InTune and Cloud App Security
- Windows Operating Systems including Windows 7, Windows 10, server systems such as Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Knowledge of device management, including InTune, Configuration Manager and Autopilot
- Experience in advanced security and compliance services such as Windows Defender, Defender for Identity, Defender for Office365 and single sign-on services such as Okta
- Experience of implementing and supporting Windows Virtual Desktop service in Azure.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting and helping customers to migrate to Microsoft365.
- Support and implement changes for Azure Active Directory, including Enterprise Applications and Conditional Access policies
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, PowerBI)
- Experience in designing and supporting Microsoft Teams and Teams telephony services, including integration with on-premise phone systems
- Migration of applications using ADFS to Azure AD for authentication
- Any relevant Microsoft certification, including:
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Windows Virtual Desktop Specialty
- Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Information Protection Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.