Third Party Damage Team Leader (6 Month FTC)
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Claims
- Working Hours: 37.5
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
The Third Party Damage Team Leader (6 month secondment/FTC) is responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the Third Party Damage team. They support the team to accomplish their tasks and priorities, ensuring a consistent and thorough approach to customer care, process and indemnity control.
· Ensure their team are handling claims in accordance with the Best Practise Guide and are provided with the appropriate training and support to achieve this.
· Use Customer feedback to develop and improve processes and procedures as part of solid continuous learning framework.
· Plans schedules, review workload and resources to make sure targets are being met and claims are handled efficiently with a high level of indemnity control.
· Create a team culture where people feel engaged and are given the platform to perform.
· Ensure the team adhere to the legal and regulatory framework in accordance with the relevant bodies.
· To understand and interpret management information that is produced, so that trends are understood, and pro-active action is taken at every opportunity to ensure indemnity control.
· Act as a referral point for the whole team.
· Comply with internal esure policy and procedures, and comply with external best practice and legislation, e.g. equal opportunities.
· Ensure 1-2-1s are used as an effective tool to monitor and provide feedback, ensuring quality checks are always completed and provide constructive feedback to the team.
· Work collaboratively with peer group to achieve best outcomes for esure.
- · It is essential that the jobholder has an extensive knowledge of general claims handling, and Third Party Damage file handling, ideally within the insurance industry.
- · They must demonstrate a good understanding of the RTA/MIB and legislation relevant to road traffic accidents and injury claims.
- · They will also be able to demonstrate a successful track record of managing and a team of people to achieve a high level of performance and engagement.
- · Front line customer support in a target driven role.
- · Influencing and negotiating, in particular objections resolution.
- · Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level (Maths and English - Grade C and above) or equivalent.
- · Computer skills (including the Internet).
- · Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Regulatory Compliance.
- · Knowledge of Claims processes and systems.
- · Awareness of fraud/Large Loss indicators.
- · Self-motivated whilst having the ability to work as part of a team.
- · Attained IFC Level 1 or show a willingness to study.
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional annual bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.