- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for a Cost Controller to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
As a key addition to the wider Finance function, the Cost Controller will be responsible for providing financial oversight and control of the budget for esure’s strategy and transformation programme!
What you will do:
- Act as the primary point of contact for a range of partners covering all aspects of cost management and control within the transformation programme
- Maintain and develop the programme resource model to provide visibility, control and analysis of cost and delivery across the programme, including internal teams, implementation partners and other 3rd party providers
- Ensure effective change control is maintained over the transformation budget in a fast-paced environment. Constructively challenge deviations from plan/forecast to support effective deployment of programme resources and delivery against commercial objectives
- Ensure accurate financial and procurement process is followed when 3rd part providers are engaged, including negotiation of feeds, outcomes clearly defined within statements of work and review of performance/delivery is undertaken
- Prepare timely and accurate analysis of expenditure across the programme, including weekly financial burn analysis to support operational decision making within the programme and monthly financial reporting against plan and forecast updates.
- Work with the financial reporting team to ensure that transformation expenditure is capitalised, amortised and impairment tested in line with applicable IFRS accounting requirements
What we would love you to bring:
- Financial reporting acumen and experience, with an eye for detail and drive for thorough process
- Willingness to challenge business/commercial logic, supported by facts and own analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal effectively with teams across the business
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn across multiple aspects of a unique and exciting transformation programme
- Proactivity and a positive approach to embracing new challenges
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience, and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post Covid19
- Staff discount on our products
- Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.